I need a job right now! Are there any kinds of jobs that I can take up immediately?
Well, you don’t have to worry because the answer is right here. Sometimes, companies need immediate hires to fill in a specific position. Whether the previous employee quit or was fired, businesses need to immediately employ a new team member. Other times it may be a recent vacancy the company created that needs instant attention.
Immediate hire jobs are usually published on worldwide platforms dedicated to job search, like LinkedIn or Indeed. Employers post them when they require a position filled right away.
The interviews and recruitment processes for immediate hire jobs tend to be more detailed than those for less pressing positions. And don’t start complaining about this! Instead, imagine how hard it is for employers to know if you are genuinely qualified for the position in just a few interviews.
What Are the Best Immediate Hire Work-from-Home Jobs in 2022?
In general, companies with a high volume of employees are in constant need of immediate hires. They may also be businesses that consist of urgent, day-to-day duties that cannot go unfilled for very long, especially customer-facing positions. But the most frequently demanded immediate hires are sales, marketing, customer success, and software developers positions.
These are the most popular immediate hire work-from-home jobs:
1. Remote Sales Job
Sales representatives are the main point of contact between a business and its customers. They ensure that current customers experience the right products and services, identify new markets, create new leads and pitch prospective customers.
As a remote sales professional, once you’ve gone through the remote meetings, your responsibilities will include the following but are not limited to:
- Generating new leads.
- Creating the sales funnel.
- Networking with potential customers.
- Closing deals and generating revenue.
- Providing the right product/service information to customers.
If you are interested in applying for an immediate hire remote sales position, you must know that the interviewer/hiring manager will look for the following skills::
- Communication skills.
- Public speaking skills :You’ll probably need to give sales presentations to promote your product periodically.
- Negotiation skills: In the world of sales, you’ll always have customers interested in a product yet not willing to purchase it for the given price. So, don’t be afraid, and it’s time you learn how to build the value of the product.
- Organizational Skills. It’s essential to establish an effective workflow.
Potential salary: $51,488 a year
2. Remote Content Developers Job
Google is busy releasing more and more new content every day. So who can the website and e-commerce owners rely on? And that’s where content developers appear on the scene.
Content developers assist the marketing campaign of a business to increase communication, audience, and engagement. They are responsible for scheduling and planning content. If companies don’t want to end up on page two of Google, SEO strategies will be vital for a content developer to manage and become visible to their audience. And digital marketers always joke about this: “The best place to hide a body is page two of Google search results.”
Content writers focus on catching the reader’s attention. However, content developers are fundamental to making articles and websites noticeable for Google. . Each piece of content represents the company and targets the selected audience.
Your main responsibilities will include developing the following but not limited to::
- Static copies
- Video content
Skills required for the position:
- A background in programming or software development.
- Quality assurance
Potential salary: $50,874 a year
3. Remote Software Developer Job
Software developers analyze users’ needs and design, test, and develop software to meet those needs. As a software developer who is working from home, here are the skills you’ll need to land an immediate hire online job:
- Excellent coding skills.
- Determining operational practicality.
- Deploying software tools, processes, and metrics.
- Problem solving skills.
- Critical thinking.
- A Degree or some technical background in coding and programming.
Potential salary: $121,748 a year
4. Remote Customer Service Job
You’ve probably heard the phrase “happy clients are the best advertising money can’t buy”. As a customer service representative or manager, you’re responsible for customer satisfaction and happiness.
Here are the roles and responsibilities for you as a customer service manager if you want your work from home job to start immediately:
- Develop customer relationships that promote retention and loyalty.
- Work closely with customers to ensure they are satisfied with the products and services.
- Work on and improve dissatisfaction areas.
This position is commonly required as an immediate hire work-from-home job since customer service professionals provide technical support to customers as well to keep them satisfied.
Since this is a work-from-home job that starts immediately, here are some skills that you might learn on the job. If you’re proficient in them already, it’s great because this is what hiring managers usually look for:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of customer service practices
- Technical aptitude and ability to learn software programs
- Experience supervising others
Potential Salary: $28,000 a year
5. Virtual Assistant
Virtual assistants or VAs are hired to help business top management or owners with online administrative tasks, so that leadership of the organization has more time to focus on important aspects of the business. This is an important immediate hire online job as managers and leaders in most companies are always looking for virtual assistants.
Roles and responsibilities of a virtual assistant:
- Answer calls.
- Maintain communication and respond to emails.
- Prepare and organize reports.
- Manage social media profiles as well as your responses.
- Maintain the confidentiality of consumer and employer information.
- Take notes or transcribe online meetings, and share meeting minutes.
- Calendar and appointment management.
- Organize vendor payments, travel, and sales expenses.
- Create purchase orders and keep track of payments.
- Maintain filing systems, keep records up to date, and keep documentation organized.
- As needed, prepare and create PowerPoint presentations and materials.
- For resources and sources for presentations, conduct an online search.
A virtual assistant’s job is very demanding, but it’s one immediate hire work-from-home job where you can hone your skills while you’re working. Here are some skills hiring managers to look for in a virtual assistant:
- Excellent computer skills like Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Some experience working with Google Docs, cloud services, and other such technology tools.
- Quick learner.
- Highly organizsed multi-tasker.
- Excellent time management skills
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
Potential salary: $15 to $75 per hour (depends on experience)
Check out this article efor more high-paying remote jobs available in 2022!
6. Facebook Ads Specialist
In a world where social media dominates brands, companies are forever looking to hire Facebook ads specialists. Almost everything sells online nowadays, and if a brand isn’t using Facebook ads, they’ll be behind its competitors. That’s what makes this an immediate hire work-from-home job that’s almost always available!
Here’s what your roles and responsibilities will be as a work-from-home Facebook Ads Specialist:
- Create Facebook ads that reach a specific target audience.
- Manage advertising budgets.
- Monitor campaigns.
- Analyze campaign results.
- Improve Ad strategy for better results.
Here are some skills the hiring manager will look for before deciding on hiring you:
- Knowledge of Facebook Ads manager.
- Knowledge of Facebook Ads targeting and retargeting strategies.
- Attention to detail.
- Some background in digital marketing and advertising.
Potential salary: $47,000 a year
7. Medical Coder
Medical coding is a well-liked work-at-home option. Remote medical coders look at a patient’s records and services for the correct diagnostic and procedure codes so that the provider may bill the patient and insurance companies correctly.
For this immediate hire online job, you’ll need some training, which you can get through in-person classes or an online course. Having some form of training or certification can assist you in obtaining an entry-level position. Some businesses hire remote medical coders on a contract basis or as full-time or part-time employees.
Here are the roles and responsibilities of a medical coder:
- Assign codes to diagnoses and procedures using ICD (International Classification of Diseases) and CPT (Current Procedural Terminology) codes.
- Ensure code accuracy following government and insurance regulations.
- Follow up with the provider on any insufficient or unclear documentation.
- Review patient charts and documents for accuracy.
- Ensure that all codes are current and active.
Qualifications and skills required to be a medical coder:
- Associate’s Degree or a certificate program in Medical coding.
- Excellent knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology.
- Excellent typing speed and accuracy.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Superior mathematical skills.
- Familiarity with ICD-9 codes and procedures.
Potential salary: $60,000 a year
8. Data Entry Professional
Data entry is an entry-level work-from-home position with a lot of flexibility. Your role consists of inputting data into a company’s software system, transferring information, and updating records.
It helps if you’re detail-oriented, can traverse spreadsheets quickly and accurately, and have great organizational skills.
Here are your roles and responsibilities in this immediate hire work-from-home job:
- Ensure timely addition of customer and account data by inputting text-based and numerical information.
- Prepare source data for computer entry and sort information by priority.
- Examine the data for flaws.
- Use data-processing techniques and procedures.
- Produce reports and back up data.
- Respond to information requests and gain access to appropriate files while maintaining confidentiality.
- Maintain data integrity.
Skills required to land an immediate hire work-from-home job in data entry:
- Prior data entry work experience is a plus.
- Familiarity and experience with MS Office and data programs.
- Experience with administrative duties.
- Typing speed and accuracy.
- Attention to detail.
- Organization skills.
Potential salary: $27,000 a year
Transcriptionist jobs appear easy, but they demand a certain amount of expertise. Typically, a transcriptionist turns audio and video into text. You’ll need to be able to type quickly and accurately. Some transcriptionists even employ specialized equipment to start and stop audio recordings, such as foot pedals. If you are a fresher looking for an immediate hire online job in transcription work, you should register with transcription job sites like Rev and TranscribeMe. These websites provide paid transcription work that you can conduct on a part-time basis as well.
Roles and responsibilities of a work-from-home transcriptionist:
- Listen to and type out audio recordings.
- Transcribe live meetings.
- Edit transcriptions before filing them.
- Organize transcriptions for later use.
Work-from-home transcriptionist skills and qualifications:
- High school diploma.
- Excellent hearing/listening skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Fast and accurate typing skills.
- Proficiency with common transcription software.
Potential salary: $16 per hour or $38,439 a year
10. Virtual Bookkeeper
You may easily get a virtual bookkeeping position if you have experience invoicing clients, conducting payroll, and maintaining accounts. Every company needs an accountant who can manage bills and finances, making it an immediate hire online job. You’ll easily find one in your search but, before that, it’s good to know what your job will be all about.
Virtual bookkeeper roles and responsibilities:
- Maintain a record of all financial transactions.
- Update the general ledger.
- Record of debits and credits.
- Use knowledge of local laws to comply with reporting requirements.
- Monitor any deviation from the projected budget.
Here are the skills you’ll need to land an immediate hire online job as a virtual bookkeeper:
- Basic accounting knowledge.
- Knowledge of accounting best practices.
- Knowledge of IFRS or any other accounting framework
- Data entry skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Organizational skills.
- An associates degree or a year of experience is usually preferred.
Potential salary: $38,193 a year
How Can You Find Immediate Hire Work-From-Home Jobs?
Are these jobs elusive? Are they a scam? If they are hiring all the time, they can’t be legit, right?
Some of these questions may pop up in your mind while you are doing the research. You always run the risk on the internet, mainly when you include personal information. To make sure they are legit, search on trusted and recognized platforms or websites; many companies regularly post immediate work hires on them.
Maybe you receive them by a word-of-mouth referral from a friend or acquaintance, or you just researched on Google for “immediate hire jobs,” and you got infinite results. The good news is that they are everywhere, and there are millions of ways you can find them. Another effective way is to modify your search terms on a job to include phrases like “immediate hire,” “work from home jobs start immediately,” “an immediate need,” or “ immediate start.”
But before you start looking for a remote job, let’s clear some things up. First, you’ll still need to go through the whole hiring process and let’s face it, that can take some time. So keep these in mind:
- You’ll still have to go through the application and virtual interview with employers.
- The company will review your documents before any answer.
- Maybe you’ll be accepted for an interview, maybe not. But don’t panic; companies rejected us all, at least once.
Though several companies had to reduce their staff or positions during the pandemic in 2020, the increase of remote work grew significantly, and immediate hire jobs surfaced worldwide. According to a FlexJob survey, 65% of respondents reported they hope to be full-time remote employees post-pandemic, and 31% wish for a hybrid remote work environment. That’s 96% who want some form of remote work for the future!
How To Find Immediate Work-from-Home Jobs?
Today, anyone can get a remote job. There will undoubtedly be a point in your career where you may need to find an immediate job, and finding one in a few days can be a challenging process. But it’s all about the effort you put into it.
Here you have some platforms that’ll help you find millions of immediate hire working-from-home jobs:
- We Work Remotely: the largest remote work community in the world. With over 3 million visitors, the site is the number one destination to find and list incredible remote jobs.
- LinkedIn: a community for professionals. You’ll be able to apply for a job directly from the platform. One simply has to type in the job type in the search bar – in this case, “immediate hire remote work” – and filter through the vacancies.
- DistantJob: a global headhunter of remote developers. They search for exceptional full-time remote talent that matches the company’s values and culture.
- Remotive: based on trust and faith in the tech industry’s future, their mission is to help tech professionals go remote.
- Upwork: this platform connects employees and employers. By pitching to posts by clients, you can apply to thousands of vacancies at a time. This one is great for immediate hire research.
What Should You Know about Immediate Hiring Jobs?
When you face an immediate job interview, avoid wasting your time on the practice of frequent questions, like: ‘why do you want to work for this company?’, or ‘why should we hire you?’. Instead, prepare some good answers for:
- What should I know that it’s not on your resume?
- What do you think we could do better or differently?
- Sell me this pen (a classic for Marketing hires)
- What would your first 30, 60, or 90 days look like in this role?
- How do you like to be managed?
With these on your mind, you’ll reach excellent results!
Ready to Get Hired?
You are ready to find the perfect immediate hire work-from-home position now. Don’t be afraid to fail; you have the tools to improve.
Learning how to optimize your job search can help you speed up the application process, so remember to find a job that fits your qualifications. Make a list of your job experiences, education, and skills. Then, look for a position that is in your desired field or industry.
Remember to update your resume. Recruiters can scan a resume in just a few seconds, so optimize each cover letter and resume you submit if you pretend to gain their attention immediately. And keep these brief, easy to read, and memorable for the hiring manager. And ask for help from your network. Finally, talk to the people in your field through email or social media. Communication will be the key to expanding your job search.