Some workdays are bright as the sun, while some others are dull and gloomy. Excessive workload, stress, conflicts, and multitasking can take a toll on our mental health. And if you’re a remote worker, the inability to disconnect is another factor that can adversely affect your productivity and mood. How do you get out of this rut? Welcoming positive affirmations for work into your everyday routine can do wonders to your state of mind during working hours.
Many of you have heard about positive affirmations and how they can change your state of mind from negative to positive. If you don’t know what they are, don’t worry. We’re here to help you understand them and will give you 30 positive affirmations for work that can boost your confidence and productivity.
What Are Positive Affirmations and Why Should You Use Them?
Positive affirmations are nothing more than positive statements you repeat on a regular basis to prevent your mind from thinking negative thoughts. Many think that it’s too simple to work, but according to psychologists, positive affirmations do work in most situations.
The Science Behind Negative Thoughts
Biology is involved in your negative thinking patterns. If you get stressed out and worked up, your body will release a larger quantity of the hormone cortisol, also known as the stress hormone. Cortisol affects your physical and mental health, causing you to think more negative thoughts. It’s a vicious cycle.
The Science Behind Positive Affirmations
MRI evidence suggests that some neural pathways are increased when people practice self-affirmation tasks (Cascio et al., 2016). The ventromedial prefrontal cortex is responsible for positive valuation and self-related information processing. When you practice self-affirmations, this region in your brain becomes more active. (Falk et al., 2015; Cascio et al., 2016).
According to research by Falk and colleagues, when you practice positive affirmations, you’re able to see “otherwise-threatening information as more self-relevant and valuable” (2015: 1979).
Why Use Positive Affirmations For Work?
Out of the many methods to deal with stress and prevent negative thoughts, including positive affirmations in your life is free and simple. It consumes less time and is effective. You can easily say positive affirmations at any time during the day, even while you’re working!
You are your thoughts. Your thoughts manifest in the outside world. It’s important to maintain positive thoughts to be happy, productive, and confident at work and in other areas of your life. Here are 30 positive affirmations for work that will help you stay in a positive mindset and mood every day.
30 Positive Affirmations For Work
Positive Affirmations To Use When You Feel Anxious About Your Career
- I am the creator of my success.
- I’m open and prepared for my next promotion.
- I deserve the best career opportunities.
- New professional growth is coming my way.
- I’m ready to take myself to the next level.
- I’m creative, skilled, and talented.
- I love what I do.
- All the hard work I put in will pay off soon.
- I will accomplish every goal and realize every dream.
Positive Affirmations To Use When You Lack Motivation and Confidence
- I am full of energy and wisdom.
- I respect and use my knowledge and special skills.
- I have the potential to do my best and achieve great things.
- I’m talented and smart.
- I deliver my work to the best of my ability.
- I am full of new ideas.
- I’m appreciated by my bosses, clients, and colleagues.
- I’m rewarded for my hard work.
- I bring value to my organization.
- I’m proud of the efforts I put in for my work.
- I’ll not let doubts kill my dreams.
Positive Affirmations to Use When You Face Conflict With Your Colleagues
- I am at peace with colleagues.
- I am fully prepared for any situation.
- I love my organization and I enjoy working here.
- I’m grateful for my position in the organization.
- I do my very best to maintain good relations with my colleagues.
- I’m resilient and patient.
- Every difficult experience is a learning experience.
- I accept everyone for who they are, including myself.
- I will not let anything affect my vision and goals.
- I will do my best to help my teammates.
Here Are Some Must-Watch Videos For Positive Affirmations
Speak Your Best Thoughts Out Loud
Positive affirmations work only when you’re actually making an effort to believe what you’re saying. Speaking your best thoughts out loud is what positive affirmations are all about. When you hear them, you create a cycle of positivity and staying in that routine will keep filtering out negative thoughts from your mind. Practising this every day before your work day begins will help you harbour positive thoughts throughout the day.
If you forget to remind yourself about how amazing you are, you can bookmark this page and come back so that we can remind you of how amazing you are!
Your thoughts can change the world that is inside and outside you.