From having a better work-life balance to saving money, remote work is the real deal. And the good news is that because of the pandemic; companies are investing more than ever in hiring remotely. According to Indeed, remote work opportunities have doubled since COVID-19. But, which jobs are the most demanded in the market? How to increase your chances of getting a remote job? The answer is simple: By looking out for the best remote jobs.
But keep in mind that not every career is suitable for remote work. If you want to jump into the remote working world, matching your skills and experience with the jobs with the most access to remote work is the best way.
Let´s go over the top remote jobs in 2022
9 Best Remote Jobs in 2022
What are the best jobs to work remotely? There are so many remote jobs that you can choose from! However, the best are those that pay you well too. As a digital nomad or even as a remote worker who works from home, you need a stable income to support all your needs.
Best Remote Jobs for Travelers
If you´re a digital nomad (or an aspiring one), it’s key to look for a job that adapts to your lifestyle. You need enough flexibility to work in different time zones and travel continually. Here are some of the best – and most demanded – remote jobs for travelers:
1. Graphic Designer
A graphic designer is a professional who creates visual concepts to communicate information.
- Create visual representations of ideas using apps or software like Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw, etc.
- Design layouts and templates.
- Create branding and marketing collaterals like logos, social media posts, and advertisements for the company or for the company’s clients.
- Identify the best ways to communicate a company´s vision creatively.
- Select colors, images, and typography for diverse types of content.
Average salary: $42,000 per year (Indeed)
2. Content Writer
A content writer is a specialist in producing engaging content for websites taking into account SEO best practices. They focus on writing informative and relevant content for a specific target audience.
- A content writer and a copywriter write content to attract readers and generate leads.
- Research industry-related topics to create content.
- A content writer can create content for blogs, product descriptions, restaurant menus, brochures, guides and manuals, brand guidelines, social media ads, emails and newsletters, translations, the list is endless!
Average salary: $50,000 per year (Indeed)
3. Project Manager
A project manager focuses on organizing, planning, and executing projects considering schedules and budgets. They take care of the entire project and handle everything involved, including the team and resources.
- Plan and develop the project idea
- Optimize budget and resources
- Monitor process and set deadlines
- Solves roadblocks
- Organize and motivates the team
Average salary: $82,795 per year (Indeed)
Best Remote Jobs with a Bachelor´s Degree
While having a degree is no guarantee of landing a remote job, it still helps you stand out from the competition. A bachelor’s degree will help you have skills and the necessary knowledge for certain roles. These are some of the best remote jobs for professionals with a bachelor’s degree:
An accountant is a professional who keeps, inspects, and analyses the financial accounts of a company or client.
- Prepare and review financial accounts and documents for businesses.
- Provide financial advice to maintain financial sustainability in a company.
- Manage the company’s budget and expenses.
- Provide financial forecasting and risk analysis.
Average salary: $54,000 per year (Indeed)
5. Digital Marketer
Digital marketing is one of the hot areas in the market currently. Companies need professionals who help them sell their brand successfully, and that´s exactly the role of a digital marketer.
A digital marketer uses digital channels to acquire new customers, increase a brand´s digital presence, and promote products and services.
- Work with online communication tools such as email and social media platforms to attract users/customers for their employer’s business.
- Manage the company’s web presence which includes but is not limited to their website, blog, search engine rankings, and online advertising.
- Provides reports and analysis to clients demonstrating effective return of investment.
- Create and apply content marketing strategies.
Average salary: $55,000 per year (Indeed)
Interested in finding this kind of jobs for night owls? Check out our blog post on the best night remote
6. Application Developer
Application developers build applications for organizations and customers. They also focus on testing and maintaining the applications, ensuring that they work properly.
- Build applications or software that fulfills a company´s or client’s needs
- Find solutions to deal with security threats and viruses
- Carry out regular performance and security checks
- Refine the UX by updating continually the application.
Average salary: $86,000 per year (Indeed)
Best Remote Jobs with Flexible Hours
Ironically, not all remote jobs are entirely flexible. Some require professionals to fulfill specific time arrangements. However, this mostly depends on companies. But, in general, these jobs are likely to have flexible working hours:
Recruiters focus on helping a company to find, screen, and attract applicants for open positions. They search through different platforms for candidates, or potential candidates, who might be ideal for a job position.
- Identify hiring needs and create job descriptions.
- Collaborate with managers from different departments to complete a list of requirements.
- Attract suitable candidates through databases, social media, online platforms, etc.
- Conduct interviews.
- Complete paperwork for new hires.
Average salary: $53,510 per year (Indeed)
8. Customer Service Representative
Customer service representatives focus on taking care of a company´s customers. They help them with complaints and questions, providing them with information about products and services.
- Communicate with customers through various channels and help them solve inquiries.
- Process orders, complaints, and requests.
- Keep a record of customers interactions.
- Maintain a peaceful and positive attitude towards customers.
- Provide relevant feedback to improve the customer’s experience.
Average salary: $52,084 per year (Indeed)
9. Online Teacher
Online teachers focus on tutoring and educating students in a virtual environment. This job can be flexible because you can reach agreements with your students in terms of the hours you´re available.
- Build a schedule with the content and resources for each lesson
- Diagnose learning needs
- Mentor and report a student´s progress
Average salary: $41,860 per year (ZipRecruiter)
Best Companies Offering Remote Jobs
What companies are hiring for remote jobs? FlexJobs analyzed the job postings of 57,000 companies in their database and found the best 100 companies for those looking to work remotely. Here are the results:
- Working Solutions
- Varsity Tutors
- Robert Half International
- Dell Technologies
- UnitedHealth Group
- Change Healthcare
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Cactus Communications
- CVS Health
- Activus Connect
- UKG – Ultimate Kronos Group
- Colony Brands
- Accounting Principals
- Citizens Bank
- Anthem, Inc.
- Toast, Inc.
- Lincoln Financial Group
- eXp Realty
- Stride, Inc.
- Aston Carter
- Ansafone Contact Centers
- Capital Group
- Supporting Strategies
- Direct Interactions
- iMPact Business Group
- Grand Canyon Education – GCE
- NTT Group
- ICON plc
- American Red Cross
- Boston Scientific
- Bilingual Therapies
- Adecco Group
- Wells Fargo
- Stash Financial
- Beacon Hill Staffing Group
- Stitch Fix
- Mayo Clinic
- Alight Solutions
- Pitney Bowes
- U.S. Bank
- American Heart Association
- Profit Factory
- LanguageLine Solutions
- Motion Recruitment
- Wikimedia Foundation
- ADTRAV Travel Management
- American Express
- GoHealth LLC
- Amplify Education
The report also highlights the top career fields for remote work in 2022:
- Computer & IT
- Accounting & Finance
- Medical & Health
- Project Management
- Customer Service
- HR & Recruiting
- Education & Training
Choose Your Best Remote Job
These jobs are some of the best jobs for remote workers as they don’t require a physical presence. They require you to use your laptop, software (based on the job you pick), and a stable internet connection. While there are more options to choose from based on your current skill-set and expertise, these are some of the most flexible ones in terms of sustainability and growth.
Whether you already are a digital nomad or just starting out, know that there are a lot of jobs out there for you that will pay you well for the skills you have to offer. Just sharpen your skills, get additional skills if needed and you’re ready to go!