Looking for the best virtual assistant training courses to land a remote job? You have come to the right place.
Virtual Assistants continue to be in demand as businesses increasingly outsource and workers prefer remote work. Moreover, a study in 2020 found that hiring virtual assistants can save a company up to 78% in operating costs compared to full-time office employees.
So what virtual assistant training programs should you sign up for?
We have compiled a list of 5 of the best virtual assistant courses you can find online. And we also included the pros and cons of each course to help you make the right choice.
TL;DR: Best Virtual Assistant Training Courses
|10k VA||$497||Best for beginners|
|SavvySystem||SavvySystem Lite $997, SavvySystem Pro $1,497, SavvySystem Ultimate at $2,997||Most comprehensive course|
|Fully Booked VA||$997||Best for niche-specific training|
|90 Day VA||$797||Best for post-training continuous support|
|The Techie Mentor||FREE||Budget-friendly|
Is Virtual Assistant Training Really Worth It?
You don’t have to take virtual assistant training courses to become a virtual assistant. Many free online resources and blogs can teach you what you need to start. Then, you can figure out the rest on the fly.
The problem with that approach is that you won’t achieve your goals as quickly. Why? Because there will be many trials and errors. Of course, many before you have adopted this approach and succeeded. But do you really want to take that risk?
Here’s what you get from enrolling in virtual assistant training:
- Learn from the experiences of others: This is one of the main reasons virtual assistant training programs are worth it. You can learn from the success and failures of people who have been there before you.
- Quickly filter through the noise: There are many virtual assistant resources on the web. They are so much that separating the junk from the good stuff can be tricky and time-consuming. Virtual assistant training can rid you of this clutter and get you a complete roadmap for becoming a successful virtual assistant.
- Become a part of a VA community that supports you: Another top reason you need to sign up for virtual assistant training is access to a community of like-minded individuals. Most virtual assistant training programs have an online forum where you can connect and discuss various topics.
- Fast track to profitability: Newbie virtual assistants head to online marketplaces like Fiverr and Upwork to find gigs. While those platforms have job opportunities, they are saturated, and you get paid pennies. Taking a virtual assistant course will help you build your own business, so you won’t have to worry about finding jobs from third parties anymore.
Best Virtual Assistant Training Courses
1. 10k VA
The $10K VA course is for those interested in earning $10,000 per month from being a virtual assistant.
This virtual assistant training program will teach you how to find a paying client, build a client relationship, get started in the virtual assistant industry, and run your own VA agency successfully.
Kayla Sloan, the author of the VA course, spent two years transitioning from broke to earning $10k per month as a virtual assistant. In her role as a virtual assistant, she discovered how and why things work.
There are 7 modules in this course that teach you:
- What is a Virtual Assistant?
- How to Find and Pitch VA jobs
- Pricing Services and Getting Paid
- Building Clients Relationships the Right Way
- Running the Day-to-Day as a $10K VA®
- Making Your Business Legit
- Up-Level your VA Business
- It is perfect for beginners.
- The training is easy to follow.
- You can join the Facebook community.
- There are templates, worksheets, and swipe files to help you kickstart your business.
- There are no refunds.
- Most of the training is text-based, which can be dull if you are a visual learner.
- There is no specialized niche virtual assistant training.
Abby Ashley, the founder of The Virtual Savvy, created The SavvySystem, a self-study virtual assistant training course. With the SavvySystem, you can start your own virtual assistant business, giving you long-term flexibility and freedom.
The SavvySystem has helped over 1500 students work remotely as virtual assistants since it was founded in 2016. You will find everything you need to start immediately in The SavvySystem’s course content. In addition, you will also learn about advanced concepts such as building a team and setting a higher price for your services.
The SavvySystem contains 14 modules that include:
- Welcome to the SavvySystem
- Discover Your Skillset
- Pricing and Packages
- Branding Academy
- Processes and Assets
- Payment, Invoices, and Taxes
- Marketing 101
- The Ultimate Marketing Plan
- Web Development 101
- The Virtual Assistant Lifestyle
- Raising Your Prices
- Building a Team
- What’s Next?
Cost: SavvySystem Lite for $997, SavvySystem Pro at $1,497, and SavvySystem Ultimate at $2,997.
- It is a comprehensive program.
- You get access to job opportunities.
- It has a 7-day money-back guarantee.
- It is pricey.
- It is not the best option for beginners.
3. Fully Booked VA
Another all-inclusive virtual assistant training course that can get you close to your dream job is the Fully Booked VA. Gina Horkey runs this online virtual assistant training. For more than 7 years, she has been helping aspiring remote professionals become successful entrepreneurs.
Fully Booked VA offers lifetime content access and a year’s worth of legitimate VA leads. The training takes about two months, so it is thorough.
This course introduces the various skills needed to be successful as an online virtual assistant. Topics like time management, communication, and project management are covered.
This virtual assistant training program consists of a 3-step process:
- Start: This is where you learn about the VA Foundations
- Build: At this stage, you are a certified virtual assistant. So, you get access to the Horky Handbook and their VA Leads job listings, which are updated daily.
- Scale: Once you become certified, you’ll get lifetime access to all four Specialization Tracks, which offer in-depth training, tutorials, and additional resources to help you deepen your knowledge in a specific area:
The Fully Booked VA Specialization Tracks also include access to all of their Fully Booked VA skills courses, including:
- Freelance Writing for Virtual Assistants
- Real Estate for Virtual Assistants
- Email Management for Virtual Assistants
- Social Media for Virtual Assistants
- Project Management for Virtual Assistants
- Virtual Assistant Agency
- There is a 90-day money-back guarantee (but you must complete the course).
- It is a detailed and comprehensive online course.
- You get access to leads and lots of support.
- It also includes niche-specific training.
- The course is pricey.
- The materials are more text-based. But they say more videos are coming.
4. 90 Day VA
If you want to get started as a virtual assistant fast, the 90 Day VA Course is the best option.
One great thing about enrolling in this virtual assistant training course is that you can access job listings. This is helpful because you can find actual jobs to apply for, aside from just learning.
This virtual assistant course by Esther Inman covers starting a business, choosing services to offer, marketing yourself, and so much more. Another benefit is that the course provides a lot of information about using social media to grow your business.
Aside from that, 90 Day VA also offers skills training for becoming a podcaster or video editor, both of which are in high demand.
This course contains a lot of content that can be divided into:
- 90 Day VA course
- VA Starter Pack
- VA Members Club
- You get lifetime access to the training resource and materials.
- There is a Facebook group where you can connect with other students.
- You get specific training for different social media platforms.
- Access to templates, scripts, monthly workshops, and two monthly Q&A calls.
- The refund policy is strict.
- There is not enough specialized niche training.
5. The Techie Mentor
Sometimes, you don’t have the money to sign up for a virtual assistant training program, which is why Susan Mershon created this FREE online virtual assistant training.
The Techie Mentor is a 7-hour video-based training program that teaches you everything you need to know about starting a virtual assistant business from scratch.
There are many free virtual assistant courses on the internet, but many are just not that good or don’t provide enough value. So, according to the founder, this is not your typical free VA training.
Some of the topics this virtual assistant free training will tackle include:
- Things You Need When Starting + Getting Started
- Knowing Your Business Numbers
- Setting Your Rates + Packaging Your Services
- Must-Have Tools
- Branding + Marketing
- Getting Clients
- Services You Can Offer
- Time Management
You also have access to a community of over 11,000 VAs who share tips, advice, and helpful information to help you succeed.
The Techie Mentor is free. However, other paid options exist for those who want to access more resources and information like VA Biz Action Plan Bundle, Product Creation System, etc.
- It is a free virtual assistant training course.
- The material is video-based.
- It is easy to understand and follow.
- There are options for niche training.
- It has no job listing.
- There are no templates, worksheets, or scripts available.
- You do not receive a certificate.
How to Choose the Right Virtual Assistant Training Program
Before settling for any virtual assistant training program, consider the following:
Course Content and Focus
There is more fluff on the internet than you know. So before parting with your money or email, go through the modules. Check if the course content covers what you need to learn to become a successful VA.
Virtual assistant courses are time-consuming, so make sure you get your money and time’s worth. Also, ensure that there are actionable resources in this course that you can implement in your business.
Instructor Experience and Credentials
Anyone can surf the internet, slap a bunch of materials together, and voila – call themselves a trainer or a coach. As you decide on a course, look at the instructor’s background.
Have they genuinely helped people before? If yes, check out other virtual assistants they trained to see if they are successful. Or ask around. You will get references from past students if the course instructor is reputable.
Your budget is another crucial factor before choosing from the virtual assistant training courses available. Some programs cost more than others but aren’t necessarily better. So, look at the value you are getting for your spending.
After reviewing the tuition fee, check if any other fees are involved. The “free” course you’re considering may have hidden costs that add up quickly.
Evaluate the course cost relative to its quality and value. Often, cheap programs are not that good. At the same time, high-price programs are not necessarily the best. So you must find the balance.
And as a bonus tip, check the refund policy. If the refund policy is good, it is a good sign that the course is good too!
Type of Materials and Resources
Courses come in digital eBook format or video format. While some prefer eBooks, many prefer enrolling in video courses because they fit better with their lifestyle. Other resources include mastermind groups, private chats, Facebook groups, community forums, worksheets, checklists, and more.
When browsing virtual assistant training courses, ask whether those resources will help you succeed. Do you see yourself using these resources? Do they have the type of content you need? Do you have the time and energy to commit to these resources? Consider these questions as you ponder on your choice of course.
What is the best virtual assistant training course for you? It depends on your needs, experience, and goals. Once you have put together your goals, you can use our VA training course reviews to choose a course that will help you grow a profitable virtual assistant business.
Ultimately, you should opt for a training program you are excited about because you will have to invest your valuable time to get the most out of it.