How To Make A Virtual Work Anniversary A Day To Remember?
Spending a number of years in one company is a huge achievement. Not just for your employees but for you as well. So, it is completely okay for you to be excited to celebrate a work anniversary for one or more of your hardworking team members.
Congratulating someone on their work anniversary is not just a nice deed. A study showed that people start to look for jobs right when they have completed a year at a company. If you want to make sure that they continue working for you, it is time to show some appreciation.
The good news is there are numerous ways to celebrate your colleagues’ work anniversaries, even if your business model is remote.
Let’s take a look at them!
Table of contents
- How To Make A Virtual Work Anniversary A Day To Remember?
- Ways To Celebrate A Virtual Work Anniversary
- 25 Work Anniversary Wishes and Messages to Write On Your Card
- Some Lighthearted And Funny Work Anniversary Memes
- Old Is Gold – Work Anniversary Gifts That You Can Get
- Ready To Celebrate Virtual Work Anniversaries?
Ways To Celebrate A Virtual Work Anniversary
1. Zoom With Appreciation
Scheduling a Zoom call and appreciating your team member is the most simple and straightforward way to celebrate a work anniversary.
All you need to do is set up a meeting with the specific team member and invite all their peers. Make sure to keep the agenda of the meeting a secret!
Then, once everyone has gathered, start off with an appreciation circle, where each team member will spend a minute or two saying something meaningful and important for the employee in question.
2. Game Night
A fun way to host a work anniversary celebration would be to organize a game night. Check out websites, like DartConnect and play darts with all your team members. Since it is free, the game can be enjoyed by anyone.
No matter which online game you play, you can help your employees blow off some steam and mingle with each other. It is a great way to build spirit and have fun, as you applaud a significant milestone.
This celebration can be even better if you hold it during work hours. Getting a couple of hours off work is surely going to make everyone grin from ear to ear.
3. Upgrade Their Tech
Since your team is working remotely, it needs technology to function. So, why don’t you upgrade their tech and enjoy a workversary together?
You do not have to buy the latest headset or the most expensive laptop. A new keyboard or mouse can also go a long way. This will make them feel appreciated and you can celebrate their big day at your company with ease. What a way to kill two birds with one stone!
Want some ideas? Check these out!
- Centralize and digitize documents.
- Get new hardware, such as a new model of a keyboard mouse or earphones.
- Get the latest operating system.
4. Appreciation With A Virtual Concert
If your team loves music and fun, then this is the celebration for you.
These days, you can hire the services of companies, like OnJam or HoloFair to help you organize a virtual concert. It is just like creating a physical event. All you need to do is hire a well-liked singer or perhaps someone who knows how to get the party started.
Then, send out invites for Zoom and have some fun!
5. Go Big With A Newsletter Or Blog
A virtual work anniversary can be tricky to celebrate. So, if you want to publicly show appreciation for your team member, why don’t you write an article for the company’s blog or newsletter?
Even better, sit them down for an interview and give others more insight into the employee’s life. Ask them about their experience at your company and their passions and let people learn from their inspirational example.
Your star employee will surely be happy with their 15 minutes of fame!
6. Give A Virtual Tour
Have you ever overheard one of your team members mention how they would love to visit the Louvre Museum one day? Or perhaps the Paris Catacombs? Well, you can now make their dream come true with virtual tours!
There are websites out there that help you visit various locations virtually. These places include the Paris Catacombs, the Louvre Museum, or the San Diego Zoo for a fun trip!
A virtual tour of your team member’s favorite location is a great way to show your appreciation for them on their work anniversary. You can also include their peers and allow them a chance to interact outside of work.
7. Send A Customized Gift
What better way to make your employees feel appreciated than to send them a thoughtful and personalized virtual work anniversary present? You can put together a bunch of things that they like and make a hamper.
Scrapbooking is something that never goes out of style. It’s a place for you to share memories and momentous work occasions with your employees and colleagues. The best part? It’s simple to do. Find the best-rated photo books websites online, upload pictures, and add some great captions, and the website will do the rest.
If you are feeling particularly excited, you can also add a couple of gag gifts. Who doesn’t like a good prank, right? You can also make an event out of this gift, by having your team member open it during a special virtual meeting. Let everyone join in for the star employee’s reactions!
8. Write A Heartfelt Card
The simplest way to show your support or appreciation for someone is through a card. It is a true and tested way to make someone feel special and you can use it to make sure your team member knows how much you value them.
Can’t find the right words? That’s okay! We have got you covered!
25 Work Anniversary Wishes and Messages to Write On Your Card
Are you thinking of sending a card to your team member to show appreciation? How about checking these work anniversary wishes?
1. This is to remind you that you have come a long way, and your contributions have continued to inspire us. I wish you a very Happy Work Anniversary!
2. Hey there! Do you remember that this very day x years ago we came across a very skilled professional and a lovely person? Cheer up because that person is “YOU.” Thank you for being part of our organization.
3. Hi (Name)! I just wanted to thank you for everything you’ve done so far for our organization and the team. All though it’s too little compared to all the efforts you have put in throughout the years. I want to extend my/our heartiest wishes on your work anniversary.
4. Hard work, loyalty, and diligence make the best employees. And I’m glad to have you with all of these qualities. It’s your work anniversary today, and I couldn’t have thought of any better moment than today to appreciate you and wish you good luck in all your future endeavors.
5. It’s nearly half a decade since you joined us and helped us achieve what seemed impossible with your brilliant expertise. Today is your 5th work anniversary, and I wanted to extend our heartiest work anniversary wishes to you.
6. You have been an essential part of our organization’s journey and success. We are eternally grateful for the dedication and passion you have shown. Thank you for being with us. Happy Work Anniversary!
7. It feels just like yesterday since you started working with us, whereas it’s already been a year. I must acknowledge that you have come a long way as a professional in our organization, and we appreciate your efforts. With our best compliments on your first anniversary, we pray for more fantastic years of work together.
8. You have set an exemplary standard for all of us with your ethic and your dedication. Thank you for everything you have done for us all these years. I wish you a Happy Work Anniversary!
9. It’s tough to stay put in the same place for a very long time. However, maybe the word “Tough” wasn’t in your dictionary, and you have sailed together with us through all the harsh and good times. As a part of my work anniversary message for you, I would like to congratulate you on achieving this fantastic professional milestone. And also wish you the best of luck in times to come.
10. Having a team member like you is a matter of utmost pride and gratitude. Your loyalty and hard work have set an example for everyone in our organization. Thank you for being a part of our organization. Happy Work Anniversary!
11. Words are not enough to thank you for everything that you have done so far for us. However, I would like to extend my warmest greetings on the occasion of your Work Anniversary. Kudos to you!
12. Hard work and loyalty are gifts not everyone possesses. But you got it, and we are glad to have someone like you working for us. Keep up your excellent work and continue to inspire us—cheers to all your incredible years of work. Happy Work Anniversary!
13. It takes only one to make a difference, and you have displayed it every day since you started working with us. Today you achieved another milestone in your professional career. Happy Work Anniversary.
14. Your loyalty and hard work can’t be remunerated but can be appreciated and motivated. It’s your work anniversary today. I wanted to thank you for your hard work and the loyalty you have shown toward our organization. Kudos!
15. Everyone requires a person with an abundance of positive vibes and confidence to get things done perfectly. Thank you for being that person. Warm wishes on your work anniversary!
16. Time flies so fast! It’s been almost two decades since you started working. You have stood together with us during all the ups and downs. Thank you for dedicating your 20 amazing years of work to our organization. I wish we continue to hold our strong professional and personal bond for another 20 years to come.
17. Your positive attitude towards work inspires everyone here to give their best. It’s your work anniversary today, and we are thankful for having you with us. Happy Work Anniversary!
18. Every organization should have an employee like you. You’re unique with your own set of skills and your positive attitude toward your work. And at this moment, I would like to extend my warm greetings on your Work Anniversary today.
19. Your work ethic is commendable, and so are you as an inspiring individual. We are glad to have you amongst us. Kudos to your incredible years of work!
20. A committed team member and an extraordinary human being. That’s what you are, and we are glad to have someone like you in our workforce. We wish you a happy work anniversary and good luck with all the upcoming years of work.
21. Nothing in this world is more valuable to an employer than an team member who is both loyal and hardworking. You have never left a moment without mesmerizing me with your confidence and guts to get the work done. And there couldn’t have been any better time than your Work Anniversary to express my heartiest gratitude.
22. Filled with a positive vibe, confidence, honesty, and fearlessness, we couldn’t have found anyone better than you for our team. Happy third Work Anniversary!
23. You have never stopped amazing us with the highest level of perfectionism that you put into your work. It’s already five years since the time you started working, and we are grateful to you for all your incredible years of work. Wishing you a happy fifth work anniversary.
24. Your fine attention to detail at work over these eight years has turned you into a more precious gem than an ordinary employee for us. And here I take this moment to congratulate you on your milestone and wish you a happy eighth work anniversary!
25. We can take inspiration from the passion, hard work, and loyalty that you have displayed throughout these years of service. Congratulations on your Work Anniversary!
Some Lighthearted And Funny Work Anniversary Memes
If the wishes above feel too formal for your team dynamic, you can always top it off with a meme or simply just send a funny work anniversary meme to make your team member laugh.
Here are a couple of hilarious ideas!
Nothing will tell your team member how seriously proud you are of them other than a Liam Neeson meme. You will also get bonus points if they are a fan of action movies!
Who doesn’t love a funny pun? Let your work buddy know that you are turtally grateful for their hard work and commitment to the company.
You cannot have a collection of memes without a dog being present. Your superstar team member is bound to love this cute work anniversary meme, especially since it features a lovely labrador.
A simple and cute work anniversary meme will undoubtedly warm your team member’s heart.
You can spruce up this Willy Wonka work anniversary meme with a handmade golden ticket to let your team member know how important they are!
If your team member loves Star Wars, they are going to take Yoda’s advice very seriously.
Old Is Gold – Work Anniversary Gifts That You Can Get
1. Company Merch
Company merch is a great way to inspire a sense of belonging in your employees. It is also a great idea if you want to build brand awareness. Think about it, your team members will wear or use the merch and give you valuable brand exposure!
2. Gift Basket
Unique and personal gift baskets can be shipped to your remote star employee’s home.
3. Potted Plant
Who doesn’t love the symbolism of potted plants? They will continue to grow if they receive proper attention and care. Isn’t that the same for your employees?
4. Cocktail Kit
Work anniversaries can be celebrated with peers, friends, and even loved ones. For this milestone, give your star employees cocktail gifts so they can enjoy themselves with the people they love the most.
5. Work-From-Home Care Package
Did you know that around two-thirds of Americans work from home? So, how can companies make them feel appreciated and valued on their important anniversaries? Well, they can start by sending work-from-home care packages for starters!
6. Indulgent Treats
Who says that you need to go big and expensive for a work anniversary? Why don’t you just indulge your star team member’s sweet tooth and send them a treat?
7. Paid Time Off
No matter how much your employees love their work, they are likely to appreciate a day or two off. It will help them relax and spend some quality them with their family and friends.
8. Diffuser Kit
A diffuser kit comes with charging equipment and oils. It is another great work anniversary gift, which will help your cherished team members manage their wellness and health. Remember, the happier they are, the more motivated they will be to excel in their work.
9. Personalized Mug
Coffee is essential for most employees. Those who do not drink coffee, prefer juices or tea. Either way, your team members cannot have too many mugs. Give your star employee a team that celebrates their workversary!
10. Mindfulness Journal
You can never go wrong by encouraging your team members to focus on their mental health. Giving a mindfulness journal as a virtual work anniversary gift will provide a chance to write prompts, daily practices, and reflections, leading to a healthier state of mind.
People are given plaques when they win a competition or a race. This gives the winner a sense of achievement. You can celebrate your team member’s awesome milestones by gifting them a plaque with their name engraved on it.
Ready To Celebrate Virtual Work Anniversaries?
There are numerous ways that you can choose to celebrate a virtual work anniversary for your esteemed team members. From giving a gift to writing a personalized notecard, you can show your appreciation in more than one way.
So, what are you waiting for? Take out your employee calendar and see who is due for a celebration soon!