WRAL TechWire launches a Triangle Startup Guide. In short, the program is a timely resource package for those who want to start growing a business in the Triangle area.
The Triangle Startup Guide is an excellent opportunity for beginner student-entrepreneurs. As a result, the initiative targets startups in the process of creating a prototype of their projects. Held on January 27-30, the winners of the competition will gain respectively:
- $2,000 for the first applicant.
- $1,000 for the runner-up.
- $500 for the third-place winner.
Activities of The Triangle Startup Guide:
- “Accelerators and Mentorship Programs”: A new 10-week program to support entrepreneurs and small business owners in Wendell.
- Southern Opportunity And Resilience (SOAR) Fund: Part of the COVID-19 resources section of the guide, the program offers low-interest loans. Up to $100,000 to small businesses and nonprofits, the fund are accessible for 15 southeastern states. And this program targets small businesses (max 50 employees and less than $5million annual revenues).
- Additional interactive map of incubators and coworking spaces: The program provides a dedicated co-working space and incubator with mentoring and coaching services. In addition, the space includes a communal/coworking area; shared and private offices; private desks; a conference room; and a podcast studio.
- “Inspiration, Advice & More Resources”: Multimedia series about inspirational startups.
- “Competitions, Grants & Other Funding”: During NC State University’s Global Entrepreneurship Week, student teams present their business ventures to a panel of judges to win different cash prizes.
- “Venture Capital and Angel Groups”: The new South Carolina rolling fund RollingSouth targets early-stage tech startups. So, the initiative invested over $50 million (82 companies) through 190 investment rounds across the Southeast.
- “Inspiration, Advice & More Resources”: With the new resource hub StartUp at Wake Tech, the program offers free one-on-one business counseling, workshops, and seminars.
In conclusion, the registration deadline for students is on January 16. In addition, the organization updates the Triangle Startup Guide every week. And students can access record of past sessions using this contact form.