A new LinkedIn research revealed that remote work job postings on LinkedIn have jumped up by 457% from last year.
Findings of the Research on Remote Job Postings
The industries where the remote work trend is more popular:
- Media and Communications: Remote work accounts for 26.8% of all paid job listings in 2021 as compared to 2.8% in 2020.
- Software and Information Technology: 21.8% of all paid job listings are remote work listings as compared to a mere 6% last year.
- Wellness and Fitness: Remote work job listing jump to 18.6% from just 2.3% in 2020.
- Corporate Services: 13.7% of all paid job listings were remote job listings in comparison to 3.1% last year.
- Education: 12.6% remote job listings vs. 2.6% in 2020.
- Finance: 10.9% of all paid listings were remote job listings vs. 2% in 2020.
- Hardware and Networking: 8.4% remote job listings in 2021 vs. 0.8% in 2020.
- Healthcare: 5% remote job listings vs. 1.1% a year earlier.
According to the LinkedIn research, fields such as consumer goods, design, manufacturing, transportation and logistics have only 5% remote job postings. Travel and recreation too show a low remote job listing trend that falls below 2% of the total job postings.
Overall, the remote work trend is on the rapid rise and so are remote job postings because most employees prefer to work from home for a better work-life balance. While not all industries suit a 100% remote working model, some of them have adopted a hybrid working model instead where employees need to report to work only a few times in a week or a month.
According to the research, there has been a big jump in remote job postings from 2020 to 2021. With the way the work world is evolving, the rise is expected to continue into 2022.
Subscribe to Think Remote for the latest news, tips and stories from the remote work world!