February 10, 2024
We are currently working on an exciting opportunity partnering with a small business that has grown leaps and bounds over the last decade, and they are looking to add to their team! They are need of an Accountant to work along with their Accounting Manager to accomplish goals assigned to the department. This role will start out more transactional, managing day to day receivables, payables, tax statements and filings, invoicing, reconciliations, compliance, reporting, job costing, and ensuring their QuickBooks system matches their Excel sheets. There is potential to grow and help the department and business to continue to grow! The Accountant opportunity is fully remote, however, candidates must reside on the east coast. If not local to St Petersburg, it is possible that it maybe required to travel to St Petersburg for the first week to 2 weeks for training. Candidates must have 5+ years of accounting experience, small business experience is a plus, QuickBooks experience is a must. They work solely with Apple products so proficient understanding of Apple including iPhone and MacBook’s is required.
The client offers a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, potential for performance bonuses, 401k with match after 1 year, unlimited PTO, and most importantly a flexible work/life balance!
Essential duties and responsibilities
* Maintain Accounts Receivable – includes ability to add new customers, communicate with them
* Maintain Accounts Payable – Receive, approve, input (allocate to jobs) vendor bills, matching with income/job costing, ability to add new vendors in QB
* Subcontractor/ Vendor Compliance – onboard new contractors – collect necessary documents from new contractors, follow up for insurance and annual agreements to maintain updated, current, legal documents
* Maintain various program income and expenses – job costing – heavy spreadsheet use (Google sheets proficiency a must), as well as QuickBooks Online
* State Annual Reports – we are registered in nearly all 50 states – file and pay annual reports
* Sales Tax – Oversee and certify the accuracy of sales tax reports filed and paid by Avalara
* Proficiency in QuickBooks Online
* Minimum 5 years of accounting experience
* Strong organizational skills to effectively handle priorities in a timely fashion, along with critical thinking
* Proficiency with Google Suite applications (Drive, Sheets, Docs), Excel and Apple/Mac products
* Knowledge of task management software Asana (Preferred)
If this sounds like the opportunity of a lifetime, it is! Please click the apply now button for immediate consideration!
After you have applied, download our Staffmark Group WorkNOW App to receive real-time job offers and apply for additional opportunities. You can download it from the App Store or get it on Google Play.
About Hunter Hamilton
Hunter Hamilton is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Hunter Hamilton is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.