On May 1, the Tahitian Islands opened their borders to the US again. To attract remote workers, several luxury hotels and resorts offer extended-stay and coworking vacation packages. With this unique program, remote workers can have a long vacation while working remotely.
Many other countries bet on remote workers to start the touristic season. Likewise, Tahiti relies on remote workers to attract new visitors to the island. You can apply for an extended stay and spend time in one of the luxury hotels on the island working remotely.
Tahiti has allowed US travelers since May 1. In short, fully vaccinated and immunized travels won’t need to follow quarantine restrictions. The others will need to isolate ten days upon the arrival. Following the global trend on remote work, hotels and activities on the island turned into coworking spaces to welcome remote workers.
Entry Requirements Remote Workers
To enter Tahiti as a traveler or remote worker, you will need to register from 6 to 30 days before your arrival.
Here are the documents you’ll need to stay in Tahiti:
- Registration receipt from the ETIS platform
- Authorization to travel into French Polynesia (on ETIS platform)
- A negative laboratory RT-PCR test performed no more than three days prior to departure and proof of vaccination if you are fully vaccinated
- A statement on COVID restriction on the island
Hotels With Coworking Vacation Packages
Among travelers, the island is pushing on remote workers and digital nomads.
Here are some hotels offering remote working programs:
- InterContinental Tahiti Resort and Spa: Working Without Borders is an eight-day program for families. Offering day activities for kids, this program is perfect for working parents.
- The Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora: It offers special extended stay benefits. Longer is the stay, the more convenient is the prices and the services from the hotel.
- The St. Regis Bora Bora: The hotel launched a Work From Bora Bora program focusing on IT offices and complimentary kids clubs.
- Tahiti Homes: Tahiti Homes offers monthly deals saving from 40% to 50% of the total price
The list of programs and hotels is very long, showing how remote workers impact the travel industry.