According to the rankings from expatriateconsultancy, Kraków has been named as the best city in Europe for remote workers. The second best city is Lisbon and the third city is Tbilisi.
The pandemic and constant lockdowns make people re-think the way they live. Digital nomadism was already a thing before the pandemic, but now, with more companies enabling remote work, living and working in different cities is a possibility for many. However, what places offer the best benefits?
Top 3 Cities in Europe for Remote Workers
Expatriateconsultancy.com ranked the best cities to live as a digital nomad in Europe. The criteria for choosing the best place to work remotely included internet speed, the cost of living, and easy to do business. These are the results:
1. Kraków, Poland
Kraków is the second-largest city in Poland and has been voted as the best city in Europe for remote workers.
- Average internet speed: 43Mbps
- The average cost of living (per person): $1,122 a month
- Ease to do business: Ranks 40th
2. Lisbon, Portugal
Lisbon is a popular destination for remote workers as it’s one of the cities with the lowest cost of living and it’s well connected by air, land, or sea.
- Average internet speed: 26Mbps
- Average living cost for a single expatriate: $1,477 a month
- Position in Ease to do Business: 39th
3. Tbilisi, Georgia
Georgia has slowly started to gain visibility among the digital nomad community as an inexpensive destination to visit. It’s well known for its food and for being one of the most business-friendly countries of the former Soviet Union members.
- Average internet speed: 12Mbps
- Average living cost: $760 a month
- Position in the Ease to do Business: 7th
Read the full ranking here https://expatriateconsultancy.com/best-cities-for-remote-workers