February 6, 2024
Under direct supervision, responsible for accounting and/or clerical duties of a complex nature in support of accounting functions. Responsible for assisting in the preparation of monthly balance sheet account analyses, corporate bank reconciliations and responding to any inquiries received from corporate, general and administrative departments. Also responsible for assisting of the posting of journal entries and maintaining the general ledger accounts and reports.
Essential Job Duties:
- Respond to routine and/or non-routine inquiries; initiate telephone calls to gather or provide information.
- Coordinates accounting matters with other departments, locations and divisions to resolve reconciling items and/or technical accounting issues.
- Prepare simple to moderate income and balance sheet statements, consolidated statements and various other accounting statements and reports.
- Review reports to ensure proper classification and recording.
- Analyze financial reports and records, making studies or recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets, revenue and expenditures.
- Assists with the preparation of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- Assists with the analysis and reconciliation of the general ledger reports. Close ledgers and generate monthly financial statements and reporting schedules.
- Obtaining revenue and assets acquisition information then reviews, consolidates and summarizes it for reporting purposes.
- Assists with budget preparation. May review budget variances.
- Coordinates accounting matters with other departments, locations and divisions.
- Prepares necessary check requests.
Other Job Functions:
- Assist accounting personnel on various projects as needed.
- Review cash flow and monitor cash requirements for all out-going cash including loans and payments.
- Perform general administrative functions when needed, including answering phones, typing correspondence, copying, etc.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of previous accounting experience.
- Must be familiar with PC applications such as MS-Excel ad MS-Word.
- Experience with computerized accounting systems a plus.
- May perform other duties as assigned
Benefits and Perks:
- Industry leading Parental Leave Policy (up to 16 weeks)
- Generous healthcare
- Bright Horizons back-up care program
- Generous paid time off
- Education reimbursement
- Referral Program
- Opportunities to network and connect
Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Newmark and the job location.
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements
Salary: $31.25/hr. – $33.65/hr.
The hourly rate is between $31.25/hr. – $33.65/hr, and the anticipated annual base compensation range for this position will be $65,000- $69,992 inclusive of required overtime
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.