According to the Global Remote Work Index by NordLayer, Germany is the best country for working remotely. The second top remote work country is Denmark, followed by the USA, Spain, and Lithuania.
The report conducted by NordLayer, a business security solution by NordSecurity, evaluated 66 countries in total. The index was compiled by comparing the countries using four key factors: Cybersecurity, economic and social conditions, digital and physical infrastructure, and Covid-19 response.
Research: Best Countries to Work Remotely
The index compared:
- Cybersecurity: The country’s infrastructure, response, and legal measures.
- Economic and social conditions: The cost of living, healthcare, tourism, safety.
- Digital and physical infrastructure: internet quality, affordability, physical infrastructure, coworking spaces.
- Covid-19 response: vacination.
According to the report, the best 10 countries for remote work are:
Additional insights of the report:
- Country with better cybersecurity: Slovakia
- Country with the best economic and social conditions: Canada
- Country with the best digital and physical infrastructure: South Korea
- Country that best handled Covid-19: USA