November 7, 2023
Central Research is actively seeking a Trainer (remote) to support our Federal Government contract in Lowell, AR. The Trainer will be responsible for training and developing, enabling, and improving the regulatory compliance and overall productivity of the employees through effective training, coordination, presentation, and development for all program options for the USDS loan servicing contract. The Trainer will assist with implementing training initiatives and provide collaborative coaching to ensure contractual requirements and program training material drives training initiatives to ensure compliance of all state and federal regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for training and developing new hires, subcontractors, and ongoing refresher training to support the student loan servicing repayment program options and forgiveness.
- Lead, manage, train, develop and motivate new hires.
- Collaborate with Training Manager to create and manage course curriculum and class specific content in our learning management system (LMS) to ensure regulatory requirements are integrated into appropriate materials and required document control processes are followed.
- Collaborate with leadership teams to create, maintain, and assess ongoing and future training and development needs as well as effectiveness of established programs.
- Maintain metrics reporting and utilize them to enhance performance.
- Implement remediation efforts to include a wide variety of job performance tools and learning.
- Assess operations performance metrics and systems to identify opportunities for development and coaching needs to increase production and compliance.
- Administer surveys or evaluation methods to gauge opportunities for further training and development.
- Review new training techniques and provide suggestions for enhancements.
- Manage regulatory mandated training programs as well as contractual requirements.
- Ensure training is tracked per person, procedure, and contractual obligations, and provide training reports to leadership and clients.
- Utilize metrics and feedback to drive continuous content and process improvement effort for training and development functions.
- Collaborate with Training Leadership to search for, design, and implement effective training methods.
- Ensure sufficient internal controls and compliance training are provided to stay compliant with appropriate federal and state regulations.
- Participate in continuing education programs to stay abreast of changes in federal and state laws and regulations.
- Ongoing Training: Complete additional/updated training modules as processes change or as systems are updated. Continue to keep skills prevalent by taking live calls, at least 40 hours annually.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 2 years’ experience working in a training position providing training and development to staff or 2 years’ experience working in student loan contact center environment.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a federal public trust security clearance.
- Must NOT be in default on any Federal Student Loans or defaulted loans that are guaranteed by the federal government (typically 270 days past due).
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years’ experience in training role providing training and development to staff in contact center environment.
- 2+ years’ mentoring or supervisory experience in a contact center environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, its related regulations and the state laws and regulations.
- Understanding of Federal Student Loan programs.
- Ability to develop, create and update training content material.
- High degree of innovation, analysis, and reasoning skills to solve complex problems in the absence of guidelines or precedents.
- Ability to train and develop a large group of staff.
- Proven success effectively leading and coaching teams to achieve goals, objectives, and to adhere to corporate values.
- Successful experience leading large-scale projects and extended periods of time.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications & eLearning authoring tools.
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Excellent presentation and facilitations skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively within all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate a superior level of initiative and proven ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing business needs.
- Exceptional work ethic and attendance in past position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. EEOC – Know Your Rights Poster.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. It is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. This job description and the duties of this position are subject to change, modification, and addition as deemed necessary by the Company.