February 12, 2024
Team Name: SalesHub
Job Title: Taxonomist
Location: Austin TX, Bay Area CA, or Bothell WA
Qualified candidates must have Data Analysis skills and the team would like to hire someone with a Business Analyst background. Candidates must also have heavy experience and understanding of Google Sheets and can perform functions such as importing and cleaning up data.
Taxonomist | RemoteThe SalesHub ROpps team is looking for a Taxonomist to manage and organize team’s product
taxonomy. This person will join a team of Program Managers working on content and information
architecture. This person must have strong attention to detail, reliable, strong classification and
categorization skills, and be able to thrive in a fast-moving environment that relies on lightweight
processes to deliver a high degree of quality and accuracy for sales people. This role is suitable for
Business Analysts and Program Managers with some technical skills.
This is a vendor role with Vaco for a client’s team, a Fortune 100 company. This position is currently
remote, with the potential to change to a hybrid format in the future.Responsibilities:
● Manage internal taxonomy of Ad products that is leveraged to facilitate accurate sales content
mapping activities and powers sales tools products.
● Perform quality control checks on taxonomy and taxonomy tool updates.
● Conduct content and taxonomy analyses to guide strategic data-driven decisions for scaled
content management initiatives.
● Develop and deploy communication strategies that effectively engage content owners and
taxonomy stakeholders to ensure high-quality, up-to-date taxonomy data and promote content
management best practices.
● Update content metadata at scale, utilizing the taxonomy data to ensure sales content is
mapped and organized correctly.
● Become closely familiar with internal tools, business processes, and cross-functional
● Review feedback for individual recommendations within the sales recommendation system and
categorize it based on inputs and contextual knowledge.
● Partner with internal teams to address the feedback by surfacing it to the right team and
keeping track of progress.
● Close the loop by communicating back to the feedback providers on the status and final
● Summarize results for each quarter in a presentation/ email and share with stakeholders &
● BA/BS degree in Information Science, Library Science, or related field
● 3+ years of relevant work experience with data analysis and stakeholder management.
● Good communicator and professional experience in a workplace / office environment.
● Proven experience managing simultaneous project assignments and deadlines.
● Strong Excel/Google Sheet skills (VLOOKUP, PivotTables, etc.)
● Must be comfortable flexing both analytical skills and writing / communication skills.
● Ability to communicate project updates and fixes across multiple teams.
● Ability to manage multiple projects at once.
● Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
● Collaborative and able to adjust perspectives to communicate value propositions to a diverse
range of stakeholders.
● Strong data analysis skills.
● A strong understanding of Google Ads and its related products and platforms
● Prior experience with information architecture or taxonomy management, curating sales
materials, developing and deploying communications that communicate the value and impact to
a variety of stakeholders, auditing and analyzing content
● Experience working with content management systems
● Monday to Friday, 9 am – 5:30 pm with 30 min lunch break
● May be asked to work outside your core business hours
This role offers:
● Full Time (40 hrs/week), salary
● PTO, holidays, parenting leave
● Health benefits with low premiums
● Access to a comprehensive well-being program with resources to support physical and mental
health: Employee Assistance Program, Live and recorded meditation, Yoga, Webinars, Events,
Resilience skill building, Counseling, and more.
Vaco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a
veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.