January 31, 2024
ESTIMATOR – COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION
One of Nebraska’s leading General Contractors is looking for an Estimator to join their team and serve a critical role within their organization. you will be an integral part of a team that makes a huge impact on the construction process. You’ll be able to take your estimating skills to new heights and work on landmark projects.
Our client is a progressive and award-winning company that successfully delivers the highest-quality projects across a wide variety of market sectors. Focus is placed on developing employees and providing them with outstanding opportunities for professional growth.
This position is a remote opportunity, however candidates regional to Nebraska preferred.
- Contribute to the pricing of competitive bid and negotiated deliverables as follows:
- Analyze and identify scopes of work from existing conditions, plans, and specifications through all phases of document deliverables.
- Perform quantity takeoffs quickly and accurately.
- Assist with subcontractor solicitation.
- Communicate with owners, architects, and engineers to clarify scope of work.
- Communicate project information and scope of work to subcontractors.
- Analyze subcontractor pricing.
- Assist with compilation of owner deliverables.
- Understand and communicate cost variances between estimates.
- Contribute to value engineering efforts.
- Build relationships with subcontractors.
- Stay current with advances in estimating technology and techniques.
- Minimum 3 years experience in construction
- Bachelor s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Finance or similar field.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting drawings and specifications with strong attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of construction costs and engineering principles
- Working knowledge of estimating technology and tools.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Effective presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative office environment.
- Industry-leading compensation
- Lucrative bonus program
- Complete benefits package
- Supportive company culture and work/life balance
For immediate consideration apply online or email your resume to Kenna Warren at [email protected].
All inquiries are strictly confidential.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations. GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.