January 31, 2024
CPA/nonprofit required ( must be local to Indianapolis)
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Hanani Carlisle
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the “Apply” button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $80,000 – $115,000 per year
A bit about us:
a global industry organization that exists to serve people who work in and around home technology
Why join us?
- REMOTE work
- MEDICAL INSURANCE
- DENTAL INSURANCE
- VISION INSURANCE
- LIFE INSURANCE
- SHORT TERM DISABLITY (STD)
- LONG TERM DISABILITY (LTD):
- HEALTH SAVINGS ACCOUNTS (HSA)
- FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT
- TPAID TIME OFF (PTO)
- Floating holidays
The Controller is responsible for overseeing the day to day financial and accounting activities, including the preparation and maintenance of accurate accounting records, financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation and analysis, and the development, implementation and monitoring of internal controls and policies/procedures to mitigate risk and drive efficiencies. The ideal candidate is collaborative, detail and service-oriented and will work to support the needs of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
· Lead the month end process for the team including but not limited to reconciling and/or the review of cash, AR, AP, Fixed Assets, Deferred Revenue, Prepaid Expenses, Investments and Other assets/liabilities
· Preparation of the monthly Financial Statements (i.e., Balance Sheet, Income Statement for all entities and departments) and Dashboards for Finance Committee, Board of Directors, and Department Heads, as applicable
· Lead the design and implementation of internal controls and processes for the accounting and finance department. Ensure compliance with accounting policies and regulatory requirements.
· Review/prepare monthly journal entries (i.e., payroll, investments, deferred income, membership revenue allocation, etc.).
· Perform initial review of the monthly trial balance and financial statements for accuracy; Prepare monthly variance analysis of financial statements.
· Process and/or review wires/ACHs for banks as necessary.
· Monitor and forecast monthly cash flows and intercompany cash transfers to optimize the company’s cash flow strategy.
· Reviewing, monitoring and managing budgets including supporting the management team on development of the annual budget.
· Participate in strategic data analysis, research, and modeling for senior management, as requested.
· Serve as a back-up for all Accounts Payable transactions (bi-weekly check run and manual/wire payments). Work with the team and assist in the daily activity of Accounts Payable (i.e. review, answer questions, etc.).
· Serve as a back-up for all Sales (Accounts Receivable) and Cash receipts into GP Dynamics as necessary. Work with and assist in the daily activity of Accounts Receivable/cash receipts.
· Manage the annual external financial audit process, including preparing audit schedules, pulling audit selections, overseeing the financial statement process, and other related tasks.
· Work directly with multiple external accounting firms to prepare, review, and file annual US and UK tax returns. Additionally, this position is directly responsible for preparing and issuing 1099s annually.
· Responsible for the department’s research and responses to all department inquiries as received (i.e. – staff, vendors, customer/member, etc.)
· Assist the Senior Vice President of Finance & Operations in other department tasks as requested.
· Analytical mindset
· Extremely detail-oriented
· Ability to always maintain confidentiality and ethical behavior
· Excellent time-management skills
· Ability to set clear expectations and follow through
· Ability to recognize problems and take corrective action to prevent undesirable outcomes
· Ability to communicate and build rapport with all members of an organization
· Excellent understanding of concepts of general accounting and understand accrual-based accounting, database management, and invoicing; Ability to perform general accounting research as required
· Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and develop reports on department metrics
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization exists
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and support the development of the accounting/finance team
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
· Minimum 5-7 years of accounting or finance experience
· Minimum 2 years of management experience preferred
· CPA with public accounting experience preferred
· Thorough understanding of GAAP principles
· Extensive experience with month-end close
· Thorough understanding of accounting and financial management required
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
· Experience with non-profit accounting and Microsoft Dynamics GP strongly preferred
· Experience with a global organization a plus
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the “Apply” button.