November 7, 2023
Job ID: 489452
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides Portland and masonry cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure for the world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from our plants and network of terminals located across North America. When you work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to something bigger. We stand together to reinvent the way our world is built. Join our team and help Ash Grove build America.
The Cement Project Buyer is responsible for sourcing, purchasing, and managing the procurement of materials, equipment, and services needed for cement-related construction projects. They work closely with project managers, engineers, and vendors to ensure that all project requirements are met on time and within budget.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Material Procurement: Source and purchase construction-related materials required for the project.
- Equipment Procurement: Procure construction equipment, machinery, and tools needed for the project, ensuring they meet project specifications, safety standards and regulatory requirements and are delivered on time
- Services Procurement: Source and procure construction-related services such as civil and structural services, electrical services, mechanical services, equipment rentals, etc…
- Supplier Evaluation: Identify and evaluate potential suppliers and subcontractors based on factors such as quality, price, reliability, and compliance with project requirements.
- Negotiation: Negotiate terms and conditions, including pricing, delivery schedules, and payment terms, with suppliers to obtain the best possible deals.
- Contract Management: Create and manage procurement contracts, including purchase orders and service agreements, to ensure all parties understand their obligations.
- Cost Control: Monitor project budgets and expenses, identifying cost-saving opportunities while maintaining quality and compliance standards. Closely monitor issued purchase orders to prevent duplicate and/or excessive purchase orders.
- Logistics and Shipping: Coordinate the logistics of transporting materials and equipment to the project site, considering factors like lead times and transportation costs.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all procurement activities, including invoices, receipts, and contracts.
- Risk Management: Identify and mitigate potential risks in the procurement process, such as supply chain disruptions or changes in market conditions.
- Communication: Collaborate with project managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to ensure alignment on procurement needs and timelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, procurement, business, or a related field.
- Proven experience in procurement and supply chain management, preferably in the construction or cement industry.
- Strong negotiation skills and knowledge of contract management.
- Understanding of relevant regulations and industry standards.
- Proficiency in procurement software and tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Certification in supply chain management or procurement is preferred.
- Familiarity with cement and construction industry-specific requirements is preferred.
- Knowledge of sustainability and environmental considerations in procurement is preferred.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date: Nov 3, 2023