February 5, 2024
Ascendo Resources is actively seeking a Bookkeeper small accounting firm and QuickBooks Online experience for an immediate, full-time, temp-to-hire remote position!
Our client, a reputable small accounting firm is located in New York, NY 10011. This is a FULLY REMOTE ROLE.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in bookkeeping, tax return preparation, and client interaction, and must be comfortable working with a diverse range of clients.
Hours: Mon – Fri, (9am – 5pm) (40-hour work week)
Salary: $60k – $75k
Benefits: M/D/V/401k, PTO, etc.
This role will support account manager with 25 clients. The bookkeeper will supports the accounting, finance, and tax functions. The junior bookkeeper assists the bookkeepers and the account managers with payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and bank and credit card reconciliation activities, in addition to assisting his/her colleagues with administrative tasks.
- Prepare payroll-related tasks
- Prepare electronic and paper disbursements of payables
- Process all receipts of revenue
- Download online banking transactions and import them into accounting software
- Perform bank and credit card reconciliations at the end of each cycle
- Generate invoices on behalf of client accounts
- Key period-end journal entries
- Administer electronic and paper document filing
- 2+ years experience as an accounting/finance associate or assistant with advanced bookkeeping skills
- Must be tech-savvy and able to navigate online banking systems
- Experience using QuickBooks Online System
- Skilled using MS Office Excel and Word
- 2+ years of bookkeeping experience for small business clients
- QuickBooks and solid excel experience
- Strong interpersonal/Client Facing skills.
- Comfortable meeting deadlines, being hands-on w/ clients, and staying organized. Ability to multi-task and prioritize their days and effectively meet/exceed deadlines
- Ideal experience will be someone with exposure looking at loan payment, escrow, interest/principal payments, review balance sheet and understand how it ties to tax returns
Ascendo is a certified minority owned staffing firm, and we welcome and celebrate diversity. Ascendo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.