Agility Consultants, LLC
February 9, 2024
Location: Remote (with travel up to 20% of work time)
Full Time, Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm
Founded in 2011, Agility Consultants, LLC is a forward-thinking consulting firm providing professional and technology services to the private and public sectors alike. However, Agility’s greatest success has come from its long standing and growing contracting relationships with federal agencies.
Agility Consultants, LLC operates with pride and integrity, always. We out-perform and over-deliver, every time. We have established ourselves as an industry mainstay at the forefront of best business practices and technological solutions. We manage from a person-centered perspective; helping our team to grow professionally and giving them a voice. Every aspect of our business must demonstrate through word and action our core values: integrity, innovation, compassion, growth, and drive.
The auditor, working closely with the client, develops a framework for auditing on-site and off-site records. Using this framework, this position audits financial and operational documents to measure compliance with plans, policies, and procedures and to assess proper recording of transactions. This position identifies and corrects problems to reduce risks, increase accountability, and minimize findings in future audits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The below duties and responsibilities are essential core functions of this position. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Researches, evaluates, and identifies a viable framework for conducting audits
- Validates on-site and off-site financial and operational files for completeness of data, data accuracy, and compliance with program plans, policies, and procedures
- Audits records to access the proper recording of transactions
- Identifies problems in the files to reduce risks, increase accountability, and minimize findings in future audits
- Corrects errors
- Creates and maintains documents recording errors, issues, and any corrections made
- Regularly communicates with management and the client and appropriately responds to questions and concerns
- Attends and effectively participates in meetings, trainings, and similar engagements
- Maintains effective relationships with Agility staff, the client’s staff, and any other associated parties
- Travels up to 20% of work time
Below are the minimum requirements necessary for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, information technology, or a related business degree
- Minimum of three years of conducting financial and operational audits
- Demonstrated experience in examining statistical and/or financial data to measure compliance with plans, policies, and procedures
- Experience in assessing transactions for accuracy and compliance
- Experience in remediating errors/non-compliance in the financial and/or statistical data
- Understanding and knowledge of auditing standards
- Knowledge of and ability to develop and implement an auditing framework and reporting requirements
- Ability to understand and incorporate the program regulations, agreements, and policies
- Proven communication skills
- Ability to write thorough and precise reports
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and attention to detail skills
- Ability to operate within the timelines
- Ability to stay abreast of industry best practices and any associated regulations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with others as well as a demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to create a respectful, inclusive, and productive work environment
- Commitment to diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion in the work environment and acknowledging and respecting individuals with different experiences, backgrounds, and points of view
- Ability to be flexible and responsive to an evolving work environment
- Ability to travel up to 20% of work time
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in accounting, information technology or a related business degree
- A-123 internal control or audit experience
In addition to working with innovative and dedicated co-workers, full time employees are eligible for 13 paid holidays per year, a robust PTO program, sick leave, family-friendly leave programs, comprehensive medical benefits, 401k with company match, and employee assistance program.
To be considered, please submit a resume by February 16, 2024.