Protective Life Insurance Company
February 1, 2024
The work we do has an impact on millions of lives, and you can be a part of it.
We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
The objectives of this position are to support the conversion and implementation of various types of Life and Annuity products and policies from both legacy and acquired systems to our strategic platforms. The Actuary role provides consulting support to the Information Technology (IT) staff and customers; analyzes proposed needs relative to the administration systems and products, analyzes acquired products and policies, evaluates and tests system calculations, develops and maintains tools for calculating, illustrating, and projecting policy performance, influences others in IT and customer areas through teaching and knowledge sharing.
Primary Job Functions will include a combination of the following:
- Review product documentation and policy forms, both determining and documenting requirements for product rules and system modifications
- Perform research and analysis of products and provide guidance to other team members that require actuarial support.
- Utilize system and product data to analyze and determine the calculations being performed in administration and illustration systems.
- Perform and support product, modification, and system interface testing.
- Coordinate and manage testing with internal Valuation and Financial Reporting teams, including documenting and tracking bugs and errors.
- Analyze errors encountered during the conversion process and assist in determining appropriate resolutions.
- Compare data and reconciliation balancing differences between systems being converted and the targeted system and identify source(s) of differences.
- Assist in the creation, adoption, and improvement of job aids, tools, and methodologies to support a repeatable conversion and regression testing process.
- Manage assigned projects and tasks to meet deadlines; provide weekly status updates.
- Provide documentation for audit purposes and to aid in transferring knowledge to other areas.
- Plans, schedules, and executes multiple concurrent activities while remaining flexible to frequent changes.
- Provide product and production support for products and policies that are implemented/converted onto our administration systems.
Job Requirements / Preferences:
- Post-secondary degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or related field
- 10+ years supporting life insurance and annuity products.
- ASA designation; FSA preferred.
- Strong mathematical and problem-solving skill set is required
- Ability to perform in-depth research is required
- Motivated; team-oriented; capable of learning new systems and tools quickly; works well in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience with databases, data analytic/transformation tools, and/or advanced Excel
Protective’s targeted salary range for this position is $119,500 to $140,000. Actual salaries may vary depending on factors, including but not limited to, job location, skills, and experience. The range listed is just one component of Protective’s total compensation package for employees.
This position also offers additional incentive opportunities (through an annual incentive based on individual and Company performance) OR (through cash compensation as part of a sales incentive plan (SIP).
We aim to protect our employees’ wellbeing through a broad benefits offering. For example, we protect physical wellbeing through health, dental and vision insurance. We protect mental wellbeing through mental health benefits and an employee assistance program. We protect time away from work with a variety of paid time away benefits (e.g., paid time off, paid parental leave, short-term disability, and a cultural observance day). We protect financial wellbeing through contributions to healthcare accounts, a pension plan, and a 401(k) plan with Company matching. All employees are encouraged to protect their overall wellbeing by engaging in ProHealth Rewards, Protective’s platform to improve wellbeing while earning cash rewards.
Eligibility for certain benefits may vary by position in accordance with the terms of the Company’s benefit plans.
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees are able to fully contribute and thrive. Our goal is to grow and develop our people, attract diverse talent and support strong, diverse communities.
We support diversity, equity, and inclusion by working to develop a culture of inclusion and belonging led by leaders who develop potential and embrace unique skills and abilities. Our aim is to create an equitable and accountable environment for all leaders and employees that will drive performance and impact business strategy. In this way, we can increase overall diversity for leadership roles and pipelines of talent by maturing our hiring practices, robust development opportunities and focus on retention of key talent.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.